Saturday, March 19, 2011

Kickin' things off again

Here I am back to writing once more...

Had me another blog but it was lost(read: neglected + lost my freakin' password) to space travel in another galaxy. Since my journey last, some things have stayed the same, quite a few events have been re-arranged, alot has also changed but I keep traveling on down my beaten path. It shall be interesting to see just what avenues,shortcuts and grooves cross my journey's way. Better charge my Ipod... wait I don't even have an Ipod... can somebody buy me one? ;)

I re-read one of my absolute favorite(I have 2 actually) poems earlier. It's "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. In particular, the last 2 lines of the poem really struck me. When I look back on various past things in my life, I seemed to choose such different thoroughfares then those around me did. Now, I'm not sure whether my choices have "made all the difference" but I reckon quite a few did keep me out of trouble from time to time.

And for those amongst you that have never read the poem, I hereby present it to ya :

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden back.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I'll wrap this by saying that I'm glad to be back on this railline... I hope to keep up with things(plus this time i have my password where i can find it...ha! ) this go around. Don't know where I'm headed for but I plan on taking as many pictures, seeking as much wisdom, gaining lots of advice and having as much damn fun as possible while I'm at it. :)

Oh, and I'm in charge of the veggie garden from now on.... *watch this space & lord have mercy*

Peace out...
MercBlues

Ps - a MB secret revealed : Now y'all know where I got my blog name from... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment