Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Latest Creation

Every third Sunday, my church has a fellowship dinner for it's congregation.

Various church members bring basically enough food to feed a small army. You name it, it's probably served... Meatloaf, Home-made Chicken & Noodles(yum), all types of salads from green ones to potato salad,vegetables, plus any sort of desserts from pies to brownies and really anything else anybody cares to bring.

Where am I going with this you ask?

Well, me being in rather a creative mood and wanting to bring a dish that hopefully  noone else was bringing decided that I would make a cake. And not just any old sheetcake would do... I had to go an attempt to make a butterfly cake. told ya i was in a creative mood ;)

I found an old cardboard recipe,several in fact, which were basic sheetcakes that were cut and decorated into things. One was a swan, another was a rockinghorse and then there was a butterfly. So I decided that the butterfly looked to be the easiest to make and I was off. I didn't have too hard of a time but I had to improvise a little as my recipe didn't mention specific dimensions. I discovered my cake was a little too big so I only used about half of it instead. It still turned out o.k. so it wasn't a complete disaster. :)

The final result :


It's suppose to be a monarch butterfly.... I suppose it's not too bad for someone who has never really decorated a cake before.

Merc

No comments:

Post a Comment